- 2 Race rings with profiled raceways
- Plastic cage with retained balls
- Inner and outer sleeve made of elastomer (NBR)
- Simple, compact integration, LSC, infinitely variable Ø range
- Cost-effective alternative to standard slim bearings
- Elastomer sleeve for sealing, tolerance compensation and vibration elimination of the bearing
- Infinitely variable from 4" to 30"
Franke slim bearings of type LSC deliver a convincingly smooth run, require extremely compact mounting space, ensure simple assembly and come at a favorable price.
Slim bearings type LSC consist of an inner and outer race ring with a hardened and profiled raceway and a plastic cage with retained balls. They are covered by elastomer profiles, which take over the sealing, tolerance compensation and vibration elimination of the bearing. The balls have contact at two points at each race ring, whereby the 4-point system is maintained. The race rings are divided and can be elastically changed in diameter for installation. Due to the overlapping lips of the elastomer sleeves further sealing of the bearing is not necessary
The slim bearing determines the overall construction's load bearing capacity. Hence the mating construction can be made of alternative materials such as steel, aluminium or plastic. Axial and radial accuracy (see diagram below) are defined to a substantial extent by the mating components. These properties can be enhanced by boosting the accuracy of manufacture.
|Material||Ball race rings: 54SiCr6, rolling elements: 100Cr6, cage: PA12, Elastomer: NBR|
|Temperature in use||–30 °C to +80 °C, briefly up to +100 °C|
|Circumferential speed||max. 5 m/s, without seals max. 10 m/s|
|Lubricant grease||Shell Gadus S3 V220|
|Lubricant schedule||see Technical Information|
|Tolerance details||see Technical Information|